23 August 2016 @ 8:26pm EDT - Written by: Brad
Hello World! It's been awhile since our last update. We have been hard at work on numerous projects we absolutely can not wait to share with you all! Today, we are pleased to announce that the the long awaited v1.0 Beta of VRTheatre for the Oculus Rift is finally ready and available for download. This update addresses many stability issues and bugs found in the previous release.
You can find more detailed information about whats fixed/changed in our Change Log.
We are currently hard at work fine tuning our motion controlled interface as well as integrating support for even more motion control hardware such as the Ximmerse, Oculus Touch, and full support for the HTC Vive. We are also working on integrating support for 360 video in the next update! Please check back soon, we have some exciting things coming in the very near future!
If you haven't seen VRTheatre in action, check out the video below or click here for more information/download.
- Playback engine powered by VLC. Supports most formats supported by VLC
- Direct video device display support (allows things like webcams, capture cards etc to be displayed)
- Resizeable screen
- Multiple immersive video watching locations (asteroid, island, void, etc)
- AR modes (Leap Motion Required)
- HTML 5 Browser (Mnemonic Mode only, currently very basic but will improve over time)
- Dynamically generatable and movable display mode (Matrix mode)
- Multiple supported control types: Leap Motion (Recommended), Gamepad, Oculus Remote, Keyboard and Mouse or any combo of the five